Once the account migration is complete, you might want to grant target accounts access to source tenant’s resources and applications.
Basic resource processing workflow consists of the following steps:
IMPORTANT: Resource processing does not copy resources to the target tenant. It simply provides the access to source resources by creating a linked guest user in the source for each migrated / matched target account. These guest users are granted the same permissions as the corresponding source accounts and become members of the same SharePoint groups.
Only permissions directly granted to the source account are transferred.
See the Processing Resources for step by step instruction how to configure resource processing.
On Demand Migration can process the following resources on the source tenant:
- Resource roles related to selected accounts
- Applications assigned to selected accounts.
NOTE: Resource Processing is not available when GCC High tenants are used. Resource Processing is only available with commercial tenants. Resource Processing is not available when credentials are not provided.
To create a new processing task:
- Go to the migration project Dashboard in case you use new migration UI. In case you are using classic experience or you are already on the account migration Dashboard, go to step 3.
- Click Accounts widget.
- Select accounts for which you want to process the resources on Accounts tab.
- Click Process Resources
- Specify the affected resources:
- Process SharePoint
Provide the root URL of the SharePoint site. See Processing SharePoint for details on site configuration and required permissions.
- Process resource roles
Process Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) roles for current Azure subscription.
- Process application assignment
See the Processing Application Assignments for details.
- Process azure group membership
Select this option so target users are granted access to source systems when an Active Directory group they are a part of is granted access. The process identifies the Active Directory groups the selected users (on the source) are part of and adds the target users to those groups.
- Click Next to proceed.
- Schedule when the task will be started. See for details. Click Next to view the task summary.
- Check selected options and name the task. Click Finish to save or start the task depending on schedule option selected.
The task is created. You can track its progress in the Tasks, view the summary on the Dashboard or monitor alerts and notifications in the Events.