In order to force an attachability check, a SQL database must be present on a protected volume. If Rapid Recovery does not detect the presence of a database, the attachability check function does not appear in the Core Console.
Complete the steps in this procedure to force the system to perform an attachability check for a specific SQL server recovery point.
- In the left navigation area of the Rapid Recovery Core Console, select the protected SQL Server machine for which you want to force the attachability check, and then click the Recovery Points menu.
- Scroll down to the Recovery Points pane.
- Navigate through the recovery points to find the desired recovery point. Optionally, click the arrow to the right of a recovery point in the list to expand the view.
In the expanded recovery point information, you can see volumes included in the recovery point.
- In the Recovery Points pane, from the row representing the correct recovery point, click , and from the drop-down menu, select Force Attachability Check.
- In the resulting dialog box, click to confirm that you want to force an attachability check.
The dialog box closes. The system performs the attachability check.
For instructions on how to view the status of the attachability check, see Viewing events using tasks, alerts, and journal pages.