When an encryption key state is locked, it cannot be applied to any protected machine until it is unlocked. To lock an encryption key with a type of Universal, you must first change its type to Replicated.
Complete the steps in this procedure to lock an encryption key.
- Navigate to the Rapid Recovery Core Console.
- On the icon bar, click (More) and then select Encryption Keys.
The Encryption Keys page appears. The State column indicates which encryption keys are unlocked, and shows the type for each key.
- Locate the encryption key you want to lock. If its type is Universal, then click its drop-down menu , and select Change the type to Replicated.
The Change Encryption Key Type dialog box appears.
- In the dialog box, confirm that you want to change the key type to Replicated.
- If you successfully changed the encryption key status to Replicated, then click its drop-down menu , and select Lock.
The Lock Encryption Key dialog box appears.
- In the dialog box, confirm that you want to lock the key.
The dialog box closes, and the state of the selected encryption key is now locked.
NOTE: This option is available for encryption keys added by replication.