To log on to the DR Series system GUI for the first time, complete the following steps:
- In a supported web browser, type the IP address or hostname of your DR Series system, and press <Enter>.
NOTE: The DR Series System Login page may display a warning message if the web browser you are using does not properly support the DR Series system. If you are running a Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) web browser, make sure that you disable the Compatibility View. For more information about disabling the Compatibility View settings, see the topic, Disabling the Compatibility View Settings. For more information about supported web browsers, see the DR Series System Interoperability Guide.
- In the Username field, type administrator, and in the Password field, type St0r@ge! and then click Log in or press <Enter>. The Users page is displayed with a Configuration Wizard that guides you to the proper pages in the GUI for configuring your system information.
NOTE: If this is the first time logging on to the system after a software upgrade, you will see an Upgrade notification dialog box, which instructs you to review and verify user roles and logon information for your DR Series system and associated DMAs.
- Click Next or Previous to navigate through the Configuration Wizard steps to set up your system. Refer to the topics in the System Configuration chapter later in this guide for more detailed instructions on how to complete these steps.
When you click Next on the final page of the Configuration Wizard, a dialog box is displayed confirming that you have completed the initial configuration of your system.
- Step 1: Reset Password Setup & Change Admin Password. Refer to Modifying password reset options and Changing a user password for detailed instructions.
- Step 2: Fill in Admin Contact Information & Email Relay Host. See Modifying a user and Configuring email notification settings for detailed instructions.
- Step 3: Set the hostname, DNS, and IP Mode. SeeConfiguring networking settings for detailed instructions.
- Step 4: Join Active Directory, if you need to configure Active Director settings for your system. See Configuring Active Directory settingsfor detailed instructions.
- Step 5: Review the Initial Upgrade Message. You should verify that your system has the latest available updates. Visit support.quest.com/dr-series, and navigate to the Software Downloads page for your specific DR Series model to download the latest upgrade file. Before upgrading, you should exit the Configuration Wizard and then proceed to the DR Series system GUI Support > SoftwareUpgrade page. See the topic Upgrading the DR Series system software in the Support, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting chapter later in this guide for detailed instructions on upgrading the software.
- In the dialog box, click OK. The Dashboard page is displayed.
Your logon username is displayed at the top of the page in the right corner. If you are logged on as a domain user, the domain is displayed in the format of domain\username. (You can only log on as a domain user after configuring Login Groups under Active Directory. This is a requirement for using Global View.)