GlobalView is a dashboard view providing a holistic, or “global,” picture of all of the DR Series systems that you have added to it. By using GlobalView, you can easily monitor and manage all of the DR Series systems in your enterprise through one view. For example, as an administrator in a headquarters office, you could use GlobalView on your DR Series system to monitor via a single page all of the DR Series systems you have in the different branch offices that replicate to the headquarters office. The GlobalView also provides easy navigation to any DR Series systems in the view.
The following list describes important tips and considerations for using GlobalView:
- For streamlined navigation, your location in the GUI is saved when you navigate between DR Series systems. For example, if you are on the Software Upgrade page in one DR Series system, and you navigate to another DR Series system from the GlobalView page, the Software Upgrade page of the new DR Series system is displayed.
- The GlobalView on a DR Series system is local to that system, and the GlobalView information is maintained in a physical file on the system. If the machine goes down or is otherwise unavailable, the GlobalView is unavailable. In addition, if a factory refresh is performed on the system, the GlobalView information is lost and you must add the systems to the GlobalView dashboard again.
- You can define an identical GlobalView on another DR Series system in your domain to serve as a backup if the DR Series system that contains the original GlobalView is down or otherwise unavailable. For example, suppose you have three DR Series systems: A, B, and C. All of these systems are on the same Active Directory Services (ADS) domain and have identical logon credentials. You log on to DR Series system A, and, on its GlobalView page, you add DR Series systems B and C (resulting in A, B, and C being in the view). Then, you can log on to DR Series system B, and add A and C to its GlobalView page (also resulting in A, B, and C being in the view).
- You cannot import or export a GlobalView dashboard configuration. To create a GlobalView, you must manually define it by adding systems to the GlobalView dashboard. For details, see Adding a DR Series System to Global View .
- The virtual system, DR2000v, can be monitored in GlobalView by the hardware—based DR Series system to which is it registered.
NOTE: If you are using Internet Explorer 10, it is recommended that you disable the pop-up blocker so that you can open a new browser window when you navigate to another DR Series system from within GlobalView.