By default, the DR Series system provides a container named backup, which is part of the storage group, DefaultGroup, for your use after you complete the basic system configuration and initialization process. You can create additional storage groups and containers to store your data as needed. For more information about storage groups, see Managing storage groups
NOTE: The DR Series system does not support container names that begin with a number.
Containers can be accessed using the following connection types:
- NDMP (for VTL type containers)
- iSCSI (for VTL type containers)
- FC (for VTL type containers on the DR4300 and DR6300 platforms)
- RDA (Rapid Data Access)
- OST (OpenStorage Technology)
- RDS (Rapid Data Storage)
- No Access (an unassigned connection type). Choosing the No Access or unassigned connection type lets you create containers that can be configured later as needed.