You can obtain the latest DR Series system software binary package from the Quest website. You would then upload this file in the DR Series system GUI for the system software upgrade.
NOTE: The DR Series system only supports the copying of upgrade images and diagnostics files to and from the system using WinSCP. The DR Series system does not support the copying or deleting of any other file types using WinSCP. To use WinSCP to copy DR Series software upgrade and diagnostics log files, ensure that the File Protocol mode is set to SCP (Secure Copy) mode.
NOTE: You can use other SCP tools with the DR Series system, but you cannot use these other SCP tools to copy other types of files to or from the DR Series system.
To upgrade the DR Series system software, complete the following steps.
- Using your browser, go to support.quest.com/dr-series, select your specific DR model and then navigate to Software Downloads.
- Under Upgrade File, locate the version you want to download, and click the Download button. If you are not logged in, you may be prompted to log in with your registered Quest account.
- Save the latest system software upgrade file to a network location accessible by the DR Series system that is running the browser session started by the DR Series administrator.
- In the DR Series system GUI, in the left navigation menu, click Support > Software Upgrade.
- Click the button, Select DR Binary Package.
- Browse to the location of the of the file you downloaded from quest.com, select the file, and click Open. The system verifies that the file is the proper format.
- Once the file has been uploaded, on the Software Upgrade page, click Start Upgrade.
The administrator who initiated the software upgrade sees a System Information pane that displays an alert and upgrade status, as well as the Current Version and Upgrade History versions of the DR Series system software listed.
The first time you log on after a software upgrade, you will see an Upgrade notification dialog box, which instructs you to review and verify user roles and logon information for your DR Series system and associated DMAs.
There are only three possible outcomes for a DR Series system software upgrade operation:
- Upgrade has completed successfully—no reboot is required.
- Upgrade has completed successfully—but a reboot is required (click Reboot in the Software Upgrade page).
- Upgrade has failed.
NOTE: If the DR Series system software upgrade operation fails, you can reboot the system and attempt another software upgrade operation using the DR Series system GUI. If this is unsuccessful, you can use the DR Series system CLI system --show command to view the current System State status. DR Series system software upgrades can also be performed using the DR Series system CLI. For details, see the DR Series System Command Line Reference Guide. If both the DR Series system GUI and CLI attempts are unsuccessful, contact Technical Support for assistance.