Select Target .Pst File Folder
On this page, you can expand the Personal Folders (.pst) file node in the Specified .pst file list, and select a target folder. The task will restore data to that folder.
Specify Target .Pst Files Options
On the Specify Target .Pst Files Options page, you can specify the location where you want to generate target .pst files and set additional options for the files.
You can use the following elements:
- Folder where target .pst files will be created. Provides a space for you to enter the path to the folder where you want to create target .pst files.
- Browse. Opens a dialog box you can use to select an existing folder or create and select a new folder where you want to place target .pst files.
- Target root folder in .pst files. Provides a space for you to type the name of a target root folder in target .pst files. The restored items will be placed in that folder. If the root folder whose name you typed does not exist, it will be created.
- ANSI (Outlook 2007-2016). Creates .pst files with 2 GB storage capacity limit per file. These files do not support multilingual Unicode data.
- Unicode (Outlook 2007-2016). Creates .pst files with more storage capacity. These files support multilingual Unicode data.
- Custom prefix to the names of target files. Provides a space for you to type the custom prefix that you want to add to the names of target .pst files.
- Add the source storage name as a prefix to the names of target files. Adds the source storage name as a prefix to the names of target .pst files.
- Add the time of creation as a suffix to the names of target files. Appends the date and time of creation of target .pst files to their names.
- Apply security to target files. Applies the earlier-specified security settings to target .pst files. For more information about specifying these security settings, see Setting access permissions for target files.
Select a Restore Method
On this page, you can select a method to restore data to a single Personal Folders (.pst) files or a series of .pst files.
- Quick restore. Restores data to a single .pst file whose maximum size 51200 MB. The restore stops upon reaching the file size limit.
- Advanced restore. Allows you to restore data to a series of .pst files. You can use the provided option to set the maximum size for each file in the series. When the current .pst file becomes full, Recovery Manager for Exchange creates a new .pst file and restores the remaining data there. This restore method takes longer as compared to the quick restore method.
Select Time Stamp to Apply
On the Select Time Stamp to Apply page, the wizard prompts you to select a preferred time stamp option to apply to the restored items. You can click one of the following two options:
- Date and time stored in the source storage. After the restoration, the restored items keep their original time stamp as stored in the source storage.
- Date and time of restoration. After the restoration, the restored items are marked with the actual date and time of their restoration.