When you click Add on the Add Exchange Stores page, the Select Stores dialog box opens. You can use this dialog box to select the Exchange Server stores that you want to register as storages.
In this dialog box, you can use the following elements:
- Stores in cataloged backups. Displays information about the Exchange Server stores that are in the cataloged backups and enables you to select the stores and databases to register.
Table 88: List columns
Displays names of the Exchange Server stores that are in at least one of the available backups. You can use the following elements next to each entry in this column:
Displays dates and times when a particular Exchange store was backed up.
You can use this column to select the backups from which you want to register a particular Exchange Server store.
|Associated Storages||Displays names of the Recovery Manager for Exchange storages that are based on a particular Exchange Server store.|
- Show storage group names. Displays storage group names in the Store column.
- Filter by store. Filters stores in the Stores in cataloged backups list by the store name letters you type in the text box.
- Catalog Backups. Starts the Catalog Wizard that helps you catalog Exchange Server backups. After you compete the Catalog Wizard, the Exchange stores found in the cataloged backups appear in the Stores in cataloged backups list. For more information about the Catalog Wizard, see Catalog Wizard.
You can restore data from incremental or differential backups. To restore from a differential backup, you need to have the last normal (full) backup as well as the last differential backup. To restore from an incremental backup, you need to have the last normal (full) backup and all subsequent incremental backups.
To add Exchange stores to the Stores in cataloged backups list
- Click Catalog Backups.
Follow the instructions in the Catalog Wizard. For more information, see Catalog Wizard.
To select stores and databases to register as storages
- In the Store column, click the plus sign (+) next to the list entries you want to register as storages.
- In the Backup Dates column, select the check boxes next to the dates representing the backups from which you want to register storages.
- Click OK.