Set Colors for Attributes and Keys
Features and Tools > Graphics > Set Colors for Attributes and Keys
To define different colors for attributes on your Workspace
Select Settings | Options | Model section | Physical Model/Logical Model| Entity tab | Attribute Colors area.
TIP: When you point your mouse cursor at a relationship line, parent and child attributes are highlighted on the Workspace. You can set the color at: Settings | Options | Graphics | Colors area | Highlight Color.
Grid and Grid Size
Features and Tools > Graphics > Grid and Grid Size
The Grid options are available directly from the toolbar or from the View menu.
To show grid and set a grid size
- Click to show grid.
- To change a grid size, click .
- To snap objects of your ERD to grid, click .
Zoom, Loupe, Overview
Features and Tools > Graphics > Zoom, Loupe, Overview
Toad Data Modeler allows you to move around your large models quickly and views various parts of a model in various zoom levels.
For this purpose, the following functions can be used:
- Zoom (Zoom In, Zoom Out, Zoom Box)
- Loupe (magnifier glass)
- Overview (navigator)
All these functions are available on Zoom Toolbar or in View and Windows menus.
Navigation Tips on Workspace
- CTRL + scroll mouse to zoom in/zoom out
- CTRL + Page Up/Page Down to zoom in/out
- Scroll mouse to move up/down on the Workspace
- SHIFT + scroll mouse to move right/left on the Workspace
- Holding down the middle mouse button to move around the entire page/Workspace
- Page Down, CTRL + down to move down
- Page Up, CTRL + up to move up
- CTRL + left to move left
- CTRL + right to move right
- Click on Zoom Toolbar to adjust the zoom level so the entire ER diagram fits on screen.
Objects on Workspace and keyboard arrows
- Move objects on Workspace using keyboard arrows.
TIP: To set the move distance of one keypress, see Settings Menu | Options | Graphics | Move Objects by (mm/10) (in tenths of milimeters).
- Select a shape on Workspace, hold down SHIFT and use the keyboard arrows to change size of the shape.