KACE® Cloud Mobile Device Manager
These release notes provide information about the latest KACE Cloud Mobile Device Manager release.
About this release
KACE Cloud Mobile Device Manager allows you to quickly enroll mobile devices, manage their inventory, and to apply required configurations and policies. You can interact with managed devices using a standard set of commands, such as resetting a password or locking a device, as needed. This cloud-based product helps you implement your entire device management solution quickly, and ensuring that managed devices follow your organization guidelines and standards, while protecting your data integrity.
This release contains one new feature and a number of resolved issues. See New features.
- Android 8.0+ (Work Profile, Fully Managed, and Zero-Touch enrollments)
- Android 11.0+ (COPE enrollments)
- iOS 8.0+ (Personal and supervised devices, DEP enrollments)
- iOS 11.0+ (Enrollment using Apple Configurator 2)
- iPadOS 13.0+
- macOS 10.13+ (Enrollments)
- tvOS 10.2+
- Windows 11 Professional, Enterprise, Education
- Windows 10 Professional, Enterprise, Education, 1709 or later
NOTE: Autopilot and Azure Domain Joins require Azure AD P1 or P2.
- Google Chrome 49+
- Microsoft Edge 16+ (Not supported on mobile devices.)
- Mozilla Firefox 45+
- Apple Safari 12+ (Mac only)
System-provided mobile administrative applications are not currently available.
New feature in KACE Cloud MDM:
- Creating and managing Windows Defender configurations: Starting in this release, you can create and apply collections of Defender settings to devices in the Security Library. A Windows Defender configuration contains a collection of Windows Defender settings that you can apply to managed devices. For example, you can create Defender configurations to scan specific types of files, indicate how threats are handled, and create scheduled scans. You can then apply these configurations to individual devices, or associate them with policies, as required. A managed device can only have a single Defender configuration. Any configurations applied to a managed device this way override related Defender settings specified locally on the device.
For complete information about this feature, visit the KACE Cloud Mobile Device Manager Help Center.
The following issue is addressed in this release.
Table 1: General resolved issues
|If multiple versions of a service app existed for macOS, the wrong one was updated.