To create a new mailbox collection for an existing native move job, right-click the job in the management tree and click Add Collection.
This will start the Add Mailbox Collection Wizard, which will help you to set up and configure a new collection for the native move job. Each step of the wizard is described below.
Step 1. General Options
Specify the following general options:
- The name of the native move collection
- Optionally, a text description
- Whether the collection will be enabled immediately after creation
- The mailbox database that the mailboxes in the collection will arrive in
- The instance of the Migration Agent for Exchange that will process this collection
Step 2. Target Options
Specify the mailbox database to move mailboxes to and the domain part to use in their primary SMTP addresses.
Step 3. Configure Mailbox Switching
The final step in mailbox migration is to switch to the target mailbox, making it the primary mailbox for the user. You can select to perform this step automatically and specify a schedule for it.
However, you may want to defer this step in case there are problems and perform the switch manually when you have made sure the mailboxes are ready.
Step 4. Workflow
When processing the collection Migration Manager will attempt to follow the schedule you specify on this page. By default, the option to Start as soon as possible is selected. Change this if you want to specify a date when the collection processing should be started.
Do one of the following:
- Select Start as soon as possible to make Migration Manager start moving the mailboxes in this collection immediately.
- Select Do not start before to make Migration Manager start processing the collection no sooner than the specified date, but this might not be the first collection in the queue.
An additional workflow-related consideration is how to treat mailboxes with corrupted items (messages) in them.
If you think it is acceptable that mailboxes in the collection may have corrupted messages, select the Skip the corrupted messages option and specify the maximum number of corrupted messages that a mailbox can have and still be moved.
You can supply a number in the range from 1 to 2147483647 (the upper bound effectively means move mailboxes no matter how corrupted their contents are).
Step 5. Collection Items
The collection can be populated with user accounts. To change the user account list, use the buttons next to it.
NOTE: Migration Manager for Exchange does not process groups nested in organizational units (OUs).
Manually Switching Mailboxes
- Select the node of the native move collection you need.
- In the right pane, go to the Statistics tab.
- Select the mailboxes you need in the table at the bottom
- Click the Switch action.
Caution: Mailbox switch for mailboxes migrated using native move cannot be undone.