Follow the below steps using the License Portal to transfer ownership of a license to an organization or personal account.
Having permission to make the transfer which requires the user has the following roles:
- License Owner for the license being transferred.
The License Owner role can be assigned by another License Owner via the Admin tab of the License Details page for the license via the License Portal.
- Organization Owner of the organization that the license is being transferred to.
The Organization Owner role can be assigned by another Organization Owner via the People tab of the Organization Details page for the license via the License Portal.
- Locate the license that is to be transferred in the Personal Licenses or Organization Licenses dashboard and open the License Overview page.
- Select the Transfer tab and click the Transfer button.
- Select the organization or account name to transfer the license to (if an organization does not yet exist then one must be created first).
- Check the checkbox to agree to the ramifications of transferring the ownership of a license.
- Click the Transfer License button to complete the transfer of ownership for the license.