Synchronization job status is stuck at Stopping. Everything possible were attempted:
1. DSA Configurator and other services were stopped.
2. DSA and console server were rebooted.
3. All DSA agents were completely uninstalled.
Incorrect synchronization job status was stalled in ADAM database as a result of sudden disruption of network services or power loss. This is very coincidental and rare in nature.
Back up ADAM database prior to following the below instructions.
1. Open ADAM ADSIedit (installed by default on the ADAM server)
2. Provide ADAM server name and port number. Select Distinguished name (DN) or naming context and specify CN=<QMM Project name>, for example CN=QMM1. The name of QMM project can be found when running Open Project Wizard or its also listed on the top of QMM project Manager in parenthesis. <project></project>
3. Select CN=AMMProject_<some_guid></some_guid><GUID> (This is generated, so it will vary per ADAM project)
4. Select CN=Projects
5. Find underneath the project CN associated with the domain pair. Aelita-Amm-Name property would be equal to domain pair name.
6. Find underneath CN associated with Synchronization node. Aelita-Amm-Name property would be equal to friendly name displayed in QMM Project Manager.
7. To reset job status the following attributes need to be set on Synchronization node in ADAM:
8. In some cases Synchronization job still remains detached from DSA agent and when attempting to start error comes up that no DSA agent was defined for this job. However no GUI interface is available to set the agent on Synchronization job properties. In this case copy ADAM DN of installed DSA Agent and set it under Aelita-Amm-AgentRef on synchronization job (e.g. CN=QUEST-SERVER,CN=Agents,CN=AMMProject_A47ABFBE7C552E4792D3B88CAB176448,CN=QMMADProject).
Please see attached screenshot that contains graphical view on Amm-Aelita attributes in ADAM.
For detailed steps please review the video in SOL93861.