Foglight can be configured to disable TLSv1.3 after completing the installation.
Complete the Foglight Installation
In order to complete the Foglight installation the database creation and configuration of connection parameters will need to be completed manually.
- Run the Foglight installer and continue until the Foglight Repository (SQL Server) screen.
- Choose the option to Manually create the repository database.
- Foglight Repository Initialization scripts will be placed into [FMS_HOME]\scripts\sql.
- Run the initialization scripts via SQL Server Management Studio.
- Cancel out of the installer; at this point the files are installed in the server, but the configuration is not complete.
- Update [FMS_HOME]\config\server.config to with the database connection parameters:
Disable TLSv1.3 in Foglight
- Open the file [FMS_HOME]\jre\lib\security\java.security in a text editor.
- Ensure security.overridePropertiesFile value in the java.security file is set to true (this is usually the default value).
- Create a file named disableUnsupportedTLS.security
- In that file, add an entry for jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms with the same contents as the jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms property in java.security file.
- Add TLSv1.3 to the list of entries on the disableUnsupportedTLS.security.
- Add the following line to [FMS_HOME]\config\server.config, where X is either 0 or a number one greater than the previous option in the file.
server.vm.optionX = "-Djava.security.properties=path/to/disableUnsupportedTLS.security";
- Save the file.
- Start Foglight.