This is the second course in a series of installation and implementation courses designed to instruct users on the essentials of deploying, configuring and administrating the KACE SMA (Systems Management Appliance) in their environment.
This course will focus on the process of KACE SMA Agent deployment. This includes preparation of the KACE SMA and target devices, automated and manual KACE SMA Agent installation.
After completing the entire series of courses, you will have received detailed instructions on KACE Systems Management Appliance implementation and administration skills, as well as some best practices.
The course has the following objectives:
- KACE SMA Agent functionality
- Preparing the KACE SMA and target Devices for KACE SMA Agent deployment which includes settings, simulation and enabling WinRM
- Provisioning the KACE SMA Agent with the KACE SMA Appliance which covers deployment via Group Policy, installing RSAT, install and creation of the GPO Tool, provisioning schedule, etc.
- Manually installing the KACE SMA Agent. This lesson includes launching the Agent MSI Package, deploying the agent with user downloads
- Agent Directory Structure, includes Bin Files, Data Files, and restarting the agent CLI (Command Line Interface)
The following prerequisites are recommended for this course:
- Completion of the first KACE Systems Management Implementation course:
Installing the KACE Systems Management Appliance
- Familiarity with Network Systems Management
This course is approximately 2 hours.