Since the most likely case is an expired/replaced or invalidated license check at first if you are using the latest license.
If you are unsure you can open a request by sending an email to email@example.com to get the license checked.
If the license is invalid you will need a new one. The licensing team will help you to get one.
If a new key has been requested but not yet delivered, please ensure the following message has not been stopped by a SPAM filter. This is the message format of the new license key notification sent by the KACE licensing team:
Subject: KACE Systems Management Appliance License Number for (PO# XXXXXXXX) order# XXXXXXXXXX
If a new key has been applied but the error persists
Before contacting KACE Support, the following steps can be performed to speed up resolution of the issue:
- Version 7.2 and higher:
Force license validation:
- Go to Settings > Appliance Updates.
- Click the ? icon to the right of the license key.
- Select “Validate License”, then select “Yes” to confirm.
Version 7.1 and lower:
Perform a Manual Backup:
- Go to Settings > Control Panel > Backup Settings.
- Select “Run Now”. (If the K1000 appliance is on version 6.3 or below, a manual backup will shutdown the appliance services during the process).
- After the backup process is completed please wait 15 minutes.
- Perform a manual patch signature download:
- Go to Security > Patch Management > Patch Download Settings.
- Select “Run Now”.
- After the patch download is completed the error message should disappear.
If the issue remains, proceed with the next step
- Provide the answers to the following questions in a newly created Service Request:
- When did the issue start for the first time?
- Did something change before the issue?
- Verify and confirm the issue in the patch download log. Document the findings in the SR or upload the log files into the SR.
- Which License Key is currently in use? Preferably, the complete license key is requested. If this is not possible, the last five characters will be acceptable.
- If available, what is the old (previous) License Key?
- What is the static IP Address of the KACE K1000?
- What is the MAC Address of the KACE K1000?
- Upload the log files from the KACE K1000 into the Service Request as an attachment.
- Go to the appliance Control Panel:
- If the Organization component is not enabled on the appliance, click Settings.
- If the Organization component is enabled on the appliance: Log in to the K1000 systemui: http:///kace-server-name/system, or select System in the dropdown list in the top-right corner of the page, then click Settings.
- On the left navigation bar, click Support.
The Support page appears.
- In the Troubleshooting Tools section, click Retrieve appliance activity logs.
- Click Save File to download the logs.
Note! Remember to clear the browser cache after error situation in patch downloads. Unless cleared, the K1000 GUI may be unable to carry out the patch downloads following the subscription expired error.