OS COLLECTOR 2.1 is an integral component of the PowerEdge TSR (Technical support report)solution. OS COLLECTOR 2.1 is designed to supplement the iDRAC hardware state and configuration data with the host's operating system state & configuration information data as well as the system event logs. The purpose of TSR is to enable serviceability on the box without the need to install or configure additional software on the customers' host. The TSR is available on the box, the day of RTS without enablement from the serviceability tools
Version: Version 2.1, A00
Release date: 19 Oct 2016
Importance: Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).
Dell Update Package Instructions Download
1. Click Download Now to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file.
2. Read over the release information presented in the dialog window.
3. Download and install any prerequisites identified in the dialog window before proceeding.
4. Click the Install button.
5. Follow the remaining prompts to perform the update.
Windows & Linux : Use the included update packages
( .EXE - Update package for windows; .BIN - Update package for linux)