Toad Decision Point (formerly Business Intelligence Studio) is a self-service desktop BI tool that lets non-technical users easily consolidate, prepare, browse, and analyze data. Toad Decision Point delivers a complete set of features across the three main functional BI areas: connectivity, data preparation, and visualization.
What’s new in this version
New features in this release of Toad Decision Point.
• Easily switch between chart types - Change one chart type into another. Change to a crosstab, line, area, bar, pie, scatter plot or pivot table.
• Publish Workbooks - Workbooks can now be published to and shared through Toad Intelligence Central.
• Enhancements to Crosstabs - Add crosstabs to the dashbaord. Apply calculations. Drilldown for further information on selected value(s). Toad Decision Point now remembers the state of the crosstab (rows and columns collapsed and expanded and column widths) and reloads in the same state.
• Global Drilldown by - Drill Down is now available from the ribbon Home tab. Toad Decision Point remembers the previously used drilldown path for each view.
• Dataset Refresh Enhancements - Request Toad Decision Point to synchronize a dataset with its originating data source automatically on opening the workbook.
• Active Directory? integration with Toad Intelligence Central - The credentials you use to login to your computer can also authenticate your connection to Toad Intelligence Central. You do not need to re-enter your username and password to connect to Toad Intelligence Central.
• Oracle BI Enterprise (OBIEE) Connector - Add data from an Oracle? BI Enterprise data source.
• SAP Business Objects - Add data from a SAP? Business Objects data source.
• Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services - Add data from a Microsoft? SQL Server? Analysis Services data source.
• Autosave - You can now request that Toad Decision Point saves the workbook automatically at regular intervals. Autosave is useful to guard against loosing too much work if Toad Decision Point stops working or if you forget to save the workbook file. Autosave is a new option on the Options | Preferences page.
• Autorecover - Your Toad Decision Point workbook is saved automatically (every 5 minutes) in the background to ensure that in the unlikely event of the application closing unexpectedly there will be an opportunity for you to recover your work.
• 64 bit application - Toad Decision Point is now available as a 64 bit application. This will help improve performance with larger datasets. From a single installer, the mode in which Toad Decision Point runs is dependent on your operating system: Toad Decision Point runs as a 64 bit application on a 64 bit operating system; a 32 bit application on a 32 bit operating system.
Please see release notes for further details.