Toad provides dozens of default standard shortcut keys, plus you can assign new ones or customize the standard ones. Toad also provides default menu hot keys. These are the underlined keys shown in a menu item that you press along with the ALT key to open that menu item or command. You can change the underlined character from its default.
Note: If you have customized your shortcut keys, you will not automatically be able to use new shortcuts added in future Toad upgrades. However, you can reset your shortcut keys to the default in order to gain access to all new shortcuts.
To change a menu hot key
- Right-click the toolbar and select Customize.
- Right-click the menu item you want to change.
- Change the underlined character by changing the location of the ampersand in the Name field. For example, &Tools underlines the T, while T&ools underlines the o.
To change shortcut keys
Click on the standard toolbar.
Tip: You can also select View | Toad Options.
- Select Toolbars/Menus | Shortcuts.
- Select the command for which you want to set or change the shortcut keys.
Type the keystrokes you want to use.
The shortcut key is changed as you type. If there is a conflict with another shortcut key, an asterisk (*) displays in the Conflict column. You can then find the conflict and remove it.
Note: This option only allows you to use one keystroke after a control key (such as CTRL or ALT).