You can access a calculator within Toad data grids. To use the calculator, the table must be editable. Understand Editable Resultsets
To access the calculator
- Click in a numeric cell. A drop-down arrow displays.
- Click the arrow to display the calculator.
Work with Database Objects
Toad enables you to view, add, modify, and get information about database objects. You can work with these objects quickly and without having to use SQL commands.
You can use the Describe Objects feature anywhere in Toad to find objects and display their information in the Describe Objects window. The Describe Objects window displays the same information you would see in the right-hand side of the Schema Browser.
Note: You can describe many objects types through database links. However, the following object types are not supported: policy, policy group, java, refresh group, resource groups/plans, sys privs, and transformations.
To immediately describe the object
Select the object and press F4.
Tip: You can also right-click the object and select Describe.
- If multiple objects have the same name, select the appropriate object from the Multiple Object Found window. (This only applies to the object types in DBA_OBJECTS.)
To specify the object schema and name before describing the object
- Press CTRL+D to open the Quick Describe window.
- Enter the object name in the Object Name field. You can complete the rest of the fields to refine your search. These fields are helpful when multiple schemas may contain objects with the same name, or when different object types have the same name (for example, a SYSTEM user and table).
- Click Describe and Close to open the object in the Describe Objects window and close the Quick Describe window. If you click Describe instead, the Quick Describe window remains open.