View Partition Information
The Partitioning tab of Object Properties is displayed when a partitioned object, partition, or subpartition is selected in the object tree. The fields in this tab change according to which of these objects is selected.
View Size and Statistics
View the Size and Statistics tab in Object Properties to see storage statistics for a selected object. This tab is displayed for objects that are supported for statistics collection. It is not displayed for objects such as LOBs.
Along with the Reorg Need value, the Size and Statistics tab can help you determine whether the object would benefit from being reorganized.
The Source for Statistics
The Statistics tab displays statistics from the Space Manager Repository.
- Block Size—This field displays the data block size for an object’s database or tablespace (in databases that allow block sizes to vary by tablespace).
- Segment Size—This field displays total space allocated for an object.
Space Manager Statistics
- Actually Used—This field displays the amount of space used by an object that currently contains data.
Data Dictionary Statistics
- Row Count—This field displays the number of rows in a table.
- Chained Rows Count—This field displays the number of chained rows in a table.
- Average Row Length—This field displays the average length of rows in a table. The length value includes row overhead.
View the Extents tab in Object Properties to see a list of the extents allocated to an object.
- File Name—File name of the datafile for an extent.
- Status—Whether a datafile is available or not.
- Autoextensible—Whether a datafile is autoextensible.
- Extent ID—Sequence number reflecting the order in which an extent was allocated.
- Block ID—Starting block number of an extent.
- Blocks—Number of data blocks.
- Extent Size—Size in kilobytes.
- Number of Extents—This field displays the total number of extents used by an object.
- Average Size—This field displays the average size of the extents used by an object.
- Minimum Size—This field displays the size of the smallest extent used by an object.
- Maximum Size—This field displays the size of the largest extent used by an object.
The maximum number of extents listed is 500.
View Column Definitions
View the Columns tab in Object Properties to see column definitions for a table, index, cluster, clustered table, or IOT. A yellow key symbol identifies columns that are included in a table's PRIMARY KEY.
The Columns tab is not displayed for partitions and subpartitions.
Note: If a table contains a user-defined datatype or XMLType datatype, the Columns tab displays all hidden columns associated with that datatype.