Add Active Directory User or Group
When you publish an object to Intelligence Central, you can choose to share the object with one or more users. The Publishing dialog presents a list of Intelligence Central users from which you can select. If an individual is not listed (not yet a user on that Intelligence Central server), Toad allows you to create an account for them using Windows Authentication.
After creating the account, you can then share the object with the user and also inform the user of their new Intelligence Central account.
Some limitations exist for an Intelligence Central connection using Windows Authentication. To learn about these and to learn how to create your own account using Windows Authentication, see Create a Connection to Intelligence Central.
To create an Intelligence Central group from Active Directory users instead of adding individual accounts, see Create Intelligence Central Group.
Note: This feature is available in the Toad Data Point Professional edition only and requires access to a Toad Intelligence Central server.
To add an Active Directory user or group to Intelligence Central
- Use one of the following methods to add an Active Directory user:
- In the Publishing to Intelligence Central dialog, click the link beside Sharing. In the Sharing settings page, click Add Active Directory User.
- In the Object Explorer, select an object and click . In the Alter Visibility dialog, click Add Active Directory User.
- In the Object Explorer, select the Users tab and click .
- In the Authenticate dialog, enter the credentials for your Active Directory account (including the domain name) in order to access a list of domains and users. Click OK. The Add Users from Active Directory dialog opens.
Select a domain from the drop-down list. Toad retrieves the list of users in that domain.
Note: The first time Toad retrieves a list of users, the process can take several minutes, depending on the size of the domain. Toad caches the list the first time it is retrieved and displays the cached list upon subsequent requests.
- You can filter the list by entering a partial text string in the text box or by selecting the Users Only / Groups Only option.
To refresh the list, click Refresh. Toad retrieves the most recent list from Active Directory.
Note: This process could take several minutes, depending on the size of the domain.
- If the domain you want to view is not listed, click Add Domain.
- Enter the name of the domain you want to add.
Enter credentials for an account in that domain. Click OK.
Note: To add a domain you must authenticate using an account in the same domain.
- Select a user (or group) and click Add Selected. The user (or group) is added to the staging area.
- To add additional users to the staging area, select each user (or group) and click Add Selected. Click the X to delete a user from the staging area.
- Click Add Users to add these users to the Intelligence Central server to which you are publishing the object (or to the server storing the object if you are modifying). The Add User Report dialog opens.
- This dialog displays the users (or groups) for which you just created new accounts. These users can now connect to the Intelligence Central server using their Windows credentials.
- If you attempted to add accounts that already exist on Intelligence Central, those accounts are listed in the lower-left pane.
- Click Send Email to send an email to each user. The email includes the server name and instructions for creating a connection using their Windows Authentication account.
- Click Close to close the dialog after reviewing the list of users/groups.
- The Active Directory users or groups are added to the list of users in the Sharing settings page (or Alter Visibility dialog). If a group is added, the individual members are also listed. To share the object you are publishing (or modifying) with these new users or groups, select the names from the list. See Specify Sharing and Manage Privileges for Objects for more information.
To view user information