Editing object storage
To modify object storage via the user interface, complete the following steps
- In the navigation menu, click Local Storage to expand the menu, then click Object Storage.
- Click Edit Object Storage.
- On the Edit Object Storage page, select or modify the options below, as appropriate:
- Unlimited Quota— This option is selected by default. To set a quota, de-select this option and enter a numeric value (greater than 100) in the Quota field. Select the value format (either GiB or TiB). Refer to Quotas for more information. Once a quota is set, it can be reset to the default value of unlimited.
- To apply encryption, select Encryption and enter the following:
- Passphrase — the passphrase is user-defined and is used to generate a passphrase key that encrypts the file in which the content encryption keys are kept. The passphrase is a human readable key, which can be up to 255 bytes in length. It is mandatory to define a passphrase to enable encryption.
NOTE: It is mandatory to define a passphrase to enable encryption. If the passphrase is compromised or lost, the administrator should change it immediately so that the content encryption keys do not become vulnerable.
- Confirm Passphrase — re-enter the passphrase used above.
- Encryption Mode — Select either static or internal.
- static - A global mode of key management in which a fixed key is used to encrypt all data.
- internal - A mode of key lifecycle management in which the keys are periodically generated and rotated. The minimum key rotation period before the content encryption key can be rotated and a new key is generated is 7 days. This rotation period is user-configurable and can be specified in days.
- Click Update.
To modify object storage via the CLI, complete the following steps
- Access the QoreStor CLI. Refer to Using the QoreStor command line for more information.
- Modify your object storage using the command below. Refer to the QoreStor Command Line Reference Guide for more information.
object_tier --update [--quota <Quota value in GiB or TiB>]
object_tier --encryption [--set <ON | OFF>] [--mode < static | internal >] [--interval <7 days to 70 years>]
object_tier --bucket [--create] [--enable-object-lock] [--name <bucket name>] [--delete] [--name <bucket name>]
[--set-lock] [--name <bucket name>] [--mode <compliance|governance|none>] [--valid-days <1 to 36500 days>] [--valid-years <1 to 100 years>]
[--set-retention] [--name <bucket name>] [--mode <compliance|governance|none>] [--valid-days <1 to 36500 days>] [--valid-years <1 to 100 years>] [--object-prefix <anything>] [--show] [--name <bucket name>] [--list]
object_tier --policy [--set] [--policy_type <readonly|readwrite|none>] --name <user name>