About On Demand Recovery
Quest® On Demand Recovery cloud application lets you perform the following operations:
- Back up Azure Active Directory and Office 365 users, groups, contacts, service principals, device information, conditional access policies, navigation properties, and Application Proxy settings.
- Support for Azure Active Directory B2C tenants.
- Restore Azure Active Directory and Office 365 users, groups, service principals, devices, conditional access policies, inactive mailboxes for permanently deleted users, and application proxy settings. The application can process two types of Office 365 groups: Office 365 groups and Security groups. Group membership and ownership is restored for both types of groups.
- Back up and restore Multi-Factor Authentication settings.
- View differences between the selected backup and live Azure Active Directory or Office 365 and revert unwanted changes in the Differences report.
- Configure integration with Quest Recovery Manager for Active Directory to restore on-premises Active Directory objects.
The objects can be selected in a backup and then restored to Azure Active Directory or Office 365 without affecting other objects or attributes. Using the granular restore, objects that were accidentally deleted or modified can be recovered in a few minutes.
On Demand Recovery can be started from Quest On Demand single SaaS command point. For more information about Quest On Demand, see the Quest On Demand product documentation.
To access On Demand, you need to provide On Demand credentials or use your existing Quest Software account. For more details, see Signing up for Quest On Demand.
For more information about Quest On Demand Recovery for Teams, see the Quest On Demand Recovery for Teams User Guide.
The following sections describe how to configure and work with On Demand Recovery:
Before You Start
To access your Azure Active Directory or Office 365 tenant via On Demand Recovery, use an Administrative account that has the Global Administrator role. If you do not have an account with the Global Administrator permissions, you should create the account by using one of the procedures described below.
To create an administrative user account with the Global Administrator role in Office 365 Admin Center
- Sign in to Office 365 with your administrative account using this link https://login.microsoftonline.com.
- Click the Admin tile.
- From the left pane, select Users, and then select Add a user.
- Specify all necessary user information. In the Roles section, select the Global administrator radio button.
- Click Add.
- Now you can use this user account to access your Office 365 tenant in On Demand Recovery.
To create an administrative user account with the Global Administrator role in Azure Management Portal
- Log into the Azure Management Portal (https://portal.azure.com/) with your individual account.
- Select your tenant from the list of available tenants. To view the list of tenants, click on your profile icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Navigate to the Azure Active Directory section in the left pane.
- Click Add a user on the Quick tasks tile and provide the required details in the "User" form. In the Directory role section, select the Global administrator radio button and click OK.
- Click Create.
Sign up for Quest On Demand
To get access to On Demand Recovery, you need to sign up for the Quest On Demand service and create an organization. For that, go to Quest On Demand and use one of the following options:
- Sign up using the existing Quest account
- Create a new Quest account and sign up for Quest On Demand
- Join an existing On Demand organization
For more details, refer to the Signing up for Quest On Demand section in On Demand Global Settings User Guide.
This section lists the minimum user account permissions required to perform specific On Demand Recovery tasks.