Log Reader - Recover Tables
Use the Recover Table wizard to recover a table that was dropped or truncated, as recorded in the transaction log. The Log Reader re-creates the table in the database and reloads the data.
To recover a dropped or truncated table
- Run the Read Log Wizard. For more information, see Read Transaction Logs.
- Select the DML/DDL page in the Log Reader window.
- Click on the Log Reader toolbar.
- Complete the wizard.
- The table is recovered if there are any data. If not, use the Undo/Redo wizard to recreate the table. For more information, see Undo or Redo DML or DDL Commands.
- The table is recovered with its original name. If another table with the same name already exists in the database, the Log Reader automatically generates an index and appends it to the name of the recovered table.
- Use the path to LSM file advanced option to change the path to the Maint Plans LSM file.
- Use the bypass tail log processing advanced option to bypass tail log processing. Object Level Recovery operations may work faster.