The short answer is: the downgrade of the RapidRecovery Core is not a supported operation and it'll exhibit various issues after downgrade. .
The main reason for that is that upgrade process is modifying multiple registry values, deprecating some of them and introducing new ones. Additionally, upgrade process may modify repository schema and it may no longer be mountable by previous version.
Is it possible to restore Core functionality if:
- Core configuration was backed up previously to XML file (Core console, Settings icon, Back Up Configuration on the top)
- repository schema was not modified between releases
To do that:
- uninstall the new version of the Core
- delete whole c:\Programdata\Apprecovery folder
- delete HKLM\Software\Apprecovery registry hive
- install same RR version that was before
- license it and load config from XML file