To solve the issue, the following requirements have been drawn:
1. Instead of having a large rollup batch job running in succession for all protected agents, each agent will be rolled up separately.
2. If an agent to be subjected to a rollup job is already running a job which potentially may conflict with rollups, the agent is skipped and the rollup is attempted again at a later time.
3. The rollup job ends when all the agents have been rolled up.
To meet the requirements powershell script has been prepared.
The script does the following:
1. Disables nightly jobs rollups.
2. Starts rollups one agent at a time (allowing choosing interactively what agents to rollup AND choosing to perform rollups on just one repository if multiple repositories are present as well).
3. If any job except those on a list (i.e. transfer) is performed, the rollup is skipped and the agent added to a list
4. Next rollup is started
5. The performed rollups are compared with the initial list and the skipped agents list when new rollups are initiated. Only agents that have not been already rolled up are considered. The process continues until the rollups for all agents are finished. The number of rolled up agents and the ones still to be rolled up together with the progress of the current rollup job are shown periodically in the Powershell console. The refresh rate may be adjusted by using a parameter when launching the script.
The script has parameters allowing to execute it in an interactive mode (which implies picking and choosing what agents to be rolled up)
If necessary to be run over extended periods of time, the script may run on a schedule using the Windows Task Scheduler.
This script is provided "as is" for the purpose of illustrating how RapidRecovery/AppAssure tasks may be performed in conjunction with Powershell. Quest Inc RapidRecovery/AppAssure shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or other damage alleged in connection with the furnishing or use of this script or of the principles it demonstrates.
Is your AppAssure or Rapid Recovery solution working as efficiently as possible? Learn more about our