- On AppAssure Core, close all instances of AppAssure applications, AAInfo, Local Mount Utility, Mail Restore, and DocRetriever.
- Optional, but suggested, especially on busy Cores: Suspend all Transfer, Replication, Virtual Standby, and Scheduled Archive jobs.
- Allow all active jobs to complete or cancel them.
- Stop the Core Service as recommended in How To Stop The Core Service, and set to Core Service to disabled
- Close all open instances of PowerShell and any browser running the AppAssure Core Console
- Go to the Core Installer EXE, right click on the file, and select Run as administrator
- Follow the installation prompts until install is complete
- In most cases a reboot is NOT necessary.
- In the unlikely situation the summary presented by the Installer at the end of the upgrade job shows one or more warnings such as:
"Failed to update records in Mongo DB. Events created by previous version of Core will not be shown in reports if filter by agent or job type will be applied."
or you receive a message stating that:
"Service RapidRecoveryCore did not start properly. Please, try to start it manually."
please use the services.msc snap-in to check the dependencies of the RapidRecoveryCore Service. If no dependency is listed (see image below), a reboot is required. If the core RapidRecoveryCore service has started (default behavior), wait for the repository checks to complete and stop it. Reboot the machine.
- Let Core service start and the Repository check complete.
- Apply Update, if available, let Core service start and the Repository check complete.
- Resume all paused jobs, resuming Replication only if Target Cores have been upgraded.
- If the AppAssure log is still present, clear the cache of your browser and the RapidRecovery logo will be displayed.
Upgrading Windows Agents:
- Upgrade Agents from the Core Console:
- Selecting Protect | Deploy Agent Software.
- In the Deploy Agent Software Wizard choose Local Core as Source. This will list the agents already protected on the Core.
- Select Agents you with to upgrade and if you wish to restart the machines automatically, the click Finish. NOTE: A reboot of the Agent is required for an upgrade to complete
- Upgrade Agents manually:
- Copy x86 or x64 installer to Agents
- Go to the Agent Installer EXE, right click on the file, and select Run as administrator
- Follow the installation prompts until install is complete, reboot when completed. NOTE: A reboot of the Agent is required for an upgrade to complete
- Apply Update if needed. Applying a patch on an Agent does not require a reboot
Upgrading Linux Agents:
- place holder
- ESXi Hypervisors do not require upgrades unless you wish to protect Guest VM's Agentless. If you do, this requires the host to be at minimum 5.0.0 build 623860. Build 6.0 is recommended.
- Hyper-V Hypervisors require .NET 4.5.2 or higher to be installed. If you Hypervisor OS cannot run .NET 4.5.2 or higher, Rapid Recovery will not be able to export to it.
Is your AppAssure or Rapid Recovery solution working as efficiently as possible? Learn more about our AppAssure and Rapid Recovery Health Check