Downloading the Local Mount Utility (LMU)
There are two ways to download the Local Mount Utility. You can download the web installer version of the software directly from the Rapid Recovery Core Console, which is practical if you are installing the LMU on the Core. You can also download either 32-bit or 64-bit executable installer files for the LMU from the Rapid Recovery License Portal.
Installing the Local Mount Utility
The Local Mount Utility (LMU) can be installed using the web installer, or using an executable installation file specific to the architecture of the machine on which it is being installed. The process is the same regardless of which installer you use. Follow the procedure below to install or upgrade the Local Amount Utility.
- From the machine on which you want to install the LMU, locate the executable installation file.
- If you downloaded the installer from the Core, the install file uses the web installer, which is named LocalMountUtility-Web.exe.
- If you downloaded from the License Portal, the installer name includes the architecture of your operating system, for example LocalMountUtility-X32-6.X.X.xxxx.exe or LocalMountUtility-X64-6.X.X.xxxx.exe.
- Double-click on the executable LMU installer file to start the installer. Depending on the configuration of your machine, the User Account Control window or the Open File - Security Warning window could appear.
- If prompted for permission, confirm that you want to run the installer and make changes to the system. The Setup dialog box appears. The installer checks that the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 is installed on your system.
- If .NET components are missing or need to be upgraded, accept the prompts to download and install the framework.
- Choose from one of the following:
- If this is the first time the Rapid Recovery LMU software is being installed on this machine, the installer prepares the installation, and then the Rapid Recovery Local Mount Utility Installation Wizard appears. Proceed to Step 7.
- If this machine has an earlier version of the Rapid Recovery Local Mount Utility software installed, you will see a message asking if you want to upgrade to the current version.
- Click Yes. The Rapid Recovery Local Mount Utility Installation Wizard appears, showing the Progress page of the wizard. The application downloads to the destination folder, with progress displayed in the progress bar. When finished, the wizard automatically advances to the Completed page. Skip to Step 13.
- On the Rapid Recovery Local Mount Utility Installation Wizard Welcome page, click Next to continue with the installation. The License Agreement page appears.
- On the License Agreement page, select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and then click Next. The Prerequisites page appears.
- The Rapid Recovery LMU Installer verifies the existence of the prerequisite files.
- If the prerequisites do not exist, the Installer identifies which files are needed and displays the results accordingly. Click Install Prerequisites.
- If the prerequisite files exist, a message appears indicating that all prerequisites are installed on the machine.
- Once the installation of the prerequisite files is completed, click Next. The Installation Options page appears.
- On the Installation Options page, review the installation options. If necessary, modify them as described below.
- In the Destination Folder text field, review the destination folder for the installation. If you want to change the location, do the following:
- Click the folder icon.
- In the Browse to Destination Folder dialog box, select a new location.
- Click OK.
- Optionally, in the Select optional components area, if you want to install Mailbox Restore, select Mailbox Restore for Exchange. If you do not wish to install Mailbox Restore, clear this option. Mailbox Restore for Microsoft Exchange is a comprehensive email recovery program that works with Rapid Recovery and the Rapid Recovery LMU to recover Exchange items from a full data store to a single email message. For more information about Mailbox Restore, see the Mailbox Restore for Microsoft Exchange using Rapid Recovery User Guide. NOTE: You can install Mailbox Restore only on 64-bit machines.
- Once you are satisfied with the installation options, click Install. The Progress page of the wizard appears, and the application downloads to the destination folder, with progress displayed in the progress bar. When finished, the wizard automatically advances to the Completed page.
- On the Completed page, click Finish to close the wizard.