Windows Registry Disclaimer:
Quest does not provide support for problems that arise from improper modification of the registry. The Windows registry contains information critical to your computer and applications. Make sure you back up the registry before modifying it. For more information on the Windows Registry Editor and how to back up and restore it, refer to Microsoft Article ID 256986 “Description of the Microsoft Windows registry” at Microsoft Support.
One of the solutions is to delete and re-create the Virtual Standbys.
If the above is not an option as it would result in a full export, please follow the steps below. This workaround will work only if the credentials for all virtual standbys are the same.
- Find the smallest (total data) VM export and delete and re-create it using the Core UI.
- Make a note of all of the agents perfroming virtual export that the credentials need to be changed for.
- Open regedit.
- Expand HKLM\SOFTWARE\AppRecovery\Core\Agents.
- Press Ctrl+F to open a search box.
- Type in the name of the agent that the VM export was just re-created for and press Enter.
- Once the key is found on the left hand side of the regedit window, expand the key with the correct agent ID.
- Expand VirtualStandby under the agent's key.
- Highlight Location.
- On the right had side find and copy the values of Username and Password keys into Notepad.
- Using the same search method locate the agent that needs the credentials modified for the virtual standby.
- Expand VirtualStandby -> Location.
- Replace the values of Username and Password keys with the one's copied to the notepad respectively.
- Repeat these steps for every agent that needs the credentials modified for VM export.