Metalogix Content Matrix can copy:
- Site, list, and item level alerts to SharePoint on-premises targets
- ·Site and list (but not item) level alerts to SharePoint Online targets
This option is only available when Advanced Mode is enabled.
NOTE: It is recommended that alerts not be migrated within five to ten minutes of the site, list or item being migrated to the target. This is to avoid the risk of having SharePoint send out any unnecessary email alerts regarding any modifications (migrations) that may have been made.
Alerts can be copied only as a separate, post-migration action, using the context (right-click) menu, or by creating a job/batch file.
To copy alerts as a post-migration action:
1. In Explorer View, select the source site, list, or item from which you want to copy alerts.
EXCEPTION: The migration of alerts for individual items is not supported for SharePoint Online targets.
2. Select the target object to which you want the alerts copied.
3. Right-click, and choose Copy [Object].
NOTE: Item-level alerts can only be copied one at a time.
4. Select the target object to which you want to copy the alerts, right click and choose Paste Site Objects > Alerts.
5. On the Configure Alert Coping Options dialog, check the applicable option(s):
- Recursively Copy Alerts for all Child Sites - This will copy alerts for all sites and lists recursively down through any content, within the scope of the migration. Item level alerts are not included in this option.
- Recursively Copy All Item Alerts - This will copy all item level alerts recursively down through any content, within the scope of the migration.
- If the target is SharePoint Online, the following additional options display:
- Use Azure Office 365 Upload - This option is checked and grayed out by default, as it is currently the only supported method for migrating alerts to SharePoint Online. If you attempt to migrate alerts to SharePoint Online and the Azure Migration Pipeline is not configured, the operation will fail.
- Encrypt Azure Migration Jobs - If you want migration job manifest files encrypted, check this box
Now you can save or run the action.