KACE Systems Management Appliance (SMA) is designed to automate device management, application deployment, patching, asset management, and Service Desk ticket management.
Download and release notes available here
This release of the KACE Systems Management Appliance does not include any major features.
It's focused Quality of Life changes, fixes for defects in past releases, as well as some security improvements.
The following features will be deprecated in a future release:
- Legacy ticket approval method in KACE GO App.
- Scripting configuration policies
- MacOS Profiles
- SSL/TLS (HTTPS) to be enforced, disabling HTTP access. Let's Encrypt Integration was added on 13.0, alternatively a Self-Signed Certificate will suffice.
- 11th and 12th Generation Dell PowerEdge (R610/R410/R420) servers are no longer supported. Any attempts to upgrade the appliance using this hardware result in failure. Contact your KACE Sales Representative to plan for a migration to a virtual platform.
- Minimum memory requirements to run 13.0 and up have changed. A minimum of 8GB of RAM is required to successfully operate the appliance.
- For issues involving Device Inventory post-upgrade, make sure that you are on build 13.1.79. If you are already on this build and still have device inventory issues, please open a ticket with Support.