We are excited to announce a new release of Active Administrator.
Look what's new 8.6:
- User Provisioning
- The provisioning feature is enabled through role-based access.
- By default, all users are granted the User Provisioning read-only access role.
- Users who hold the Full Access role are automatically granted the User Provisioning role.
- Additional Supported Platforms
- Azure SQL Managed instance
- Windows Server 2022
- Active Directory Health enhancements
- Ability to review the selected alerts included in a notification before completing the configuration.
- Auditing and alerting enhancements
- Ability to search for accounts to exclude by name, group, or OU.
- Ability to select the time zone for scheduled reports.
- Installation and upgrade enhancements
- Ability for a non-administrator to run Active Administrator without User Account Control (UAC).
- Ability to use Azure SQL Managed Instance for live and archive databases.
- Certificate updates
- The Certificate Management window has been updated to include a tree view that, by default, displays the computers being managed with the Certificate module in your organization and all the associated certificates. From here, you can also select to create a virtual folder structure to help visually organize those certificates to facilitate their management.
- Security and delegation updates
- Ability to copy text from objects in Active Directory Security & Delegation’s security dialog.
- Ability to sort the contents in the inactive users preview and history panes by selecting the column header.
- Ability to set the number of days before a user and computer account is disabled after it has been deemed inactive.
- Ability to select to include either both inactive user and computer accounts or just one type in email notifications.
- Ability to set a schedule for sending inactive account email notifications.
See the release notes for details on enhancements, corrections and improvements.
Check out this helpful knowledge article:
How to remove decommissioned Domain Controller from Auditing & Alerting | Agents
Version 8.4 is scheduled to go into limited support on June 1, 2022 and discontinue support on December 31, 2022.
To determine the current support phase of your product, please refer to the Active Administrator life cycle table.
Stay up to date on the latest knowledge base articles, hotfixes, software releases and more by subscribing to our new real time RSS feeds. For more information refer to, How to utilize real time RSS feeds.
If you need additional services to assist you with upgrading Active Administratoror ensuring your solution is running optimally, please visit our Active Administrator Services page.
Be sure to check out the Active Administrator Product Support page to find solution articles, tips and tricks, tutorials, documentation, notifications, life cycle tables, training, and a product user forum.