This dialog allows you to set more detailed permissions for the object tier. Only users with the Object role are displayed for policy configuration. See Managing users for information about adding and modifying user accounts.
NOTE: Manually created user accounts default to no Access to the object container.
To set a user policy
- In the navigation menu, click Containers.
- On the Containers pane, find the object storage container ObjectContainer. Click the ellipses icon, and click Edit.
- Click Set user policy.
- In the dialog, users with the Object role are displayed. For each user, select the appropriate permission from the drop-down menu. The available options are:
- No Access
- Read Only
- Read Write
- Click Save.
NOTE: You may also configure object container user policies using the QoreStor CLI, Refer to the QoreStor Command Line Reference Guide for usage details on the object_container --policy command option.
QoreStor allows for the configuration of additional storage enclosures in order to increase capacity.
Refer to the following important notes and guidelines for understanding storage expansion in QoreStor.
- For Standard and Cloud-Optimizeed installation modes, QoreStor supports a maximum of 5 locations (1 internal plus 4 expansion). When installed in Large mode, QoreStor supports a maximum of 7 locations.
- QoreStor can only add a mounted filesystem path. QoreStor will not create a filesystem if one is not present.
- The mounted filesystem should be XFS type.
- Mount path cannot be read-only.
- The mount path should not be already configured enclosure path.
- When adding storage, the filesystem service will be restarted.
- Storage can be added without being licensed, but an appropriately sized license is required to make the storage usable by QoreStor.
- Licenses can be added in multiples of Terabytes from 1 TB to the maximum capacity for your QoreStor installation mode.
Additional storage can be added through the QoreStor UI or via the system --storage command in the QoreStor CLI. Refer to the QoreStor Command Line Reference Guide for more information on the system --storage command.
IMPORTANT: Adding storage requires QoreStor services to be restarted. This will take the QoreStor server offline for several minutes.
To add storage
Before adding storage, ensure that the storage is mounted to the QoreStor server as an XFS filesystem. Refer to Guidelines for configuring additional storage for additional guidelines and requirements.
- In the navigation menu, click Local Storage to expand the menu, then click Storage Groups.
- Click Add Storage Location.
- Enter the mount path for the additional storage. Click Save.
- A warning will be displayed notifying you that a service restart may be required. Click Confirm to continue.