After seemingly successfull upgrade to vRanger 5.5, the catalog service will not run.
Event 7000 - The Quest Catalog Service failed to start - The system can't find the file specified
Service start Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.
Some sort of failure in the install, but i don't have evidence.
1. Go to Add/Remove programs and look for Quest catalog service.
2. Note the date if it is earlier then the install date of the vRanger service.
3. Try to uninstall just the catalog service
4. Reboot the vRanger server
5. The install may start all by it's self (this happened for me) You can choose to install the vRanger catalog, and it will run through the install. In this instance it did not upgrade the existing catalog, it installed a new catalog so all previous information was lost. Not a problem in this case. You may have to go through a restore procedure of the old catalog if they want it back. If the install does not start, run the install from the full software version, and install the catalog.