Receiving error message of unable to reconnect to existing local share repository
Existing backups fail with "error cannot open cifs..."
Zombie Server and Computer Browser services on vRanger host.
Save points being moved from original path to different path.
1. Remove existing Repository information from vRanger Inventory GUI. NOTE: this will disable existing jobs; you will need to re-enable them after.
2. Open Windows services (Go to Start à Run, type services.msc)
- Look for the Server Service
- Look for the vRanger PRO Service
3. Start vRanger PRO application
Go to vRanger Repository GUI
Add new CIFS repository (choose different name from previous repository name)
Note Update option should now be available and selected to retain retention.
4. Enable disabled job and re-run backups