Slow backups after upgrade to vRanger 5.3
Quest Defect ID 13118
Fix is pending, until than run SQL downgrade database sript, instructions below:
Run in command promt:
sqlcmd -S <server>\<sqlinstance> -d vRangerPro -i ‘c:\5.2.rollback.sql’
1. Uninstall Ranger 5.3.x, keep DB.
2. Run script against Ranger DB either through SQL Management Studio or sqlcmd.
3. Run Ranger 5.2.x installation, let it re-use existing DB.
4. Launch Ranger GUI.
Side effect. Following info will be lost:
1. NVSD repo;
2. backup job template pointing to NVSD repo;
3. backup jobs/task pointing to NVSD repo;
4. savepoints in NVSD repo.
Note: Actual backup files in NVSD repo are not affected. Only DB entries are deleted.
Another side effect, but not script related. Ranger may lose credentials for VC/ESX and repo. Apparently it tries to access these resources with blank password and corresponding account may be locked out.