Customer upgraded to vRanger 5.2 and upoing doing a File Level Restore, getting this Error: Mount Failed
During the vRanger 5.2 upgrade process, vRanger FLR Service is missing under Windows services or did not get installed.
Discover that customer did an upgrade to 5.2 and it is missing the vRanger FLR Service under Windows services , only 2 vRanger services were installed under Windows servcies
vRanger API Servcie
We tries to run the vRanger 5.2 upgrade one more time and it says that it is already installed
1. Download the vRanger 5.2 full install.
2. First we made the backup of vRangerPro database in the SQL Management Studio Express
3. Try to run the full installer and used No option to keep its database
4. We had to remove the old vRanger install and keep the database, during the removal of vRanger services, it was hung on removing vRanger FLR service which is actually not there.
5. Run the following commands. This will create dummy services
a. open a CMD prompt
b. type: 'sc create "vRanger FLR service" binpath= c:\temp'
6. Reboot vRanger server.
7. Run the full install vRagner 5.2 and connect to existing SQL database
8. After vRanger full install, all 3 vRanger services were there and customer was able to perform File Level Restore (FLR) .