These are instructions on how to upgrade from vRanger Pro from a previous vRanger installation.
1. Navigate to www.quest.com and download the vRanger Pro upgrade executable
2. Double-click the vRanger Upgrade.exe file
3. You will be asked if you want to upgrade – Click Yes
4. You will be prompted to backup your database before proceeding (which is recommended), after your database has been backed up - click Yes
5. Once the Wizard opens - Click Next
6. Select 'I Agree' to License Agreement'
7. Choose which components you wish to install (current options will already be highlighted) - Click Next
8. Enter in your User Credentials. This is the the account that will be used to run the services for vRanger, the user account specified must have local administrative privileges on the vRanger machine - Click Next
9. The vRanger Database Setup screen appears - Click Next
10. Choose 'Install/Upgrade on an existing SQL Server 2005/2008' and select your desired server authentication method, click Next. If you selected SQL Server, you will be prompted to enter a password for the SA account OR If you selected Windows, the installation will continue using the account specified in Step 7.
11. Click Verify to test connectivity to the database
12. When the Connection Successful display - click OK
13. Click OK or Next (depending on your authentication method)
14. The Database User Credentials dialog displays - click Next
15. The ‘Existing vRangerPro database found’ window appears asking if you want to upgrade the existing database – click Yes
16. Click 'Automatic Setup' to finish the installation of the Database
17. When the installation is completed - click Next
18. Click Finish
19. The installation continues until the Catalog Database screen display, here you can accept the default server name, or enter an alternate name.
If you are using Windows Authentication. Click Verify
If you are using Windows Authentication for the Catalog Manager runtime credentials, click Create OR If you are using SQL Authentication for the Catalog Manager runtime credentials, enter the username and password for the database, and click Create
20. The Completing the Setup Wizard Dialog box displays, choose Run vRanger Backup & Replication to launch the application immediately. Click Finish