When trying to view the White Space information for Exchange 2003 using the Diagnostic Console, the page only shows Searching and never returns data
This can occur if the connection to the Exchange 2003 server is corrupted or there are a very large number of Event Logs in the Windows Application Event Log.
Delete the Connections from the Diagnostic Console and recreate them:
1. Open the Diagnostic Console
2. Select File | Connect
3. Select all of the Exchange 2003 Connections, right click and select Delete
4. Double click New connection
5. For the Connection type select SoM - Exchange 2000/2003 plug-in
6. Provide a name for the new connection and click OK
7. Enter the NETBIOS name of the Exchange 2003 server and click OK
8. Repeat steps 4-7 for each server
9. Launch the new connections and allow each one to Calibrate for 1 hour
10. Drill down to the Store Whitespace report
Note: Depending on the number of items in the Application Event Log on the Exchange server it may take a long time for the data to return as Spotlight searches through all of the event logs. If possible, purge all of the Application Event Logs from each Exchange server prior to trying to view the Store Whitespace report. This will help the search to complete much quicker.