There are 2 upgrade scripts included in the download package that then get installed for all customers. You can find those two files in the Binaries folder in the standard install path:
Migrating from Spotlight on Exchange 5.8
If you are currently using Spotlight on Exchange 5.8, you can migrate your existing data collection configuration and Diagnostic Console templates to Spotlight on Messaging Diagnostic Pack for Exchange.
Diagnostic tests and their history, including historical data and notifications, cannot be migrated from Spotlight on Exchange 5.8.
You can install Spotlight on Exchange 5.8 and Spotlight on Messaging on the same computer.
To migrate data collection data
1. Install Spotlight on Messaging.
2. Go to%ProgramFiles%Quest SoftwareSpotlight on Messaging ManagementConsoleBinaries, and double-clickSoETemplateConverter.exe.
3. Specify the SQL Server location where the Spotlight on Exchange database is currently located.
4. Select a template from which to export the data configuration settings.
You can only select one template at a time.
5. ClickSave Configurationto select a location to save your new configuration.
6. Open the Spotlight on Messaging Management Console.
7. Right-click an Exchange server, then selectDetect | Import Spotlight on Exchange 5.8 template.
8. Select your template file.
9. Select the Exchange server roles for which you want the counters to apply.
10. If necessary, select additional options.
12. Configure the Exchange Server Health Test and clickFinish.
For information on the Exchange Server Health Test, see the Spotlight on Messaging Diagnostic Pack for Exchange User Guide.
To migrate the Diagnostic Console templates
1. Go to%ProgramFiles%Quest SoftwareSpotlight on Messaging DiagnosticConsoleBinaries, and double-clickSoEDiagnosticConsoleTemplateConverter.exe.
2. Select Exchange 2000/2003 and/or Exchange 2007 depending on what servers you have installed in your Exchange organization.
3. Specify a Spotlight on Exchange 5.8 template.
4. Specify a Spotlight on Messaging Exchange plug-in template, and the location path of the templates used by Diagnostic Console.
You can find these steps in the "Spotlight_on_Messaging_Diagnostic_Pack_for_Exchange_Deployment_Guide.pdf", page 9.