The Fixed Field Spacing Export file format option is used in Export Dataset window. The output file contains a blank space between each field. Column headers were excluded. How to eliminate these blank spaces between fields.
Use Export to Flat File export feature which allows controlling number of spaces between fields. This option uses Oracle SQL Loader feature.
1. Select "Export to Flat File" option via Data Grid right-click menu
2. In this window, enter zero for "Spaces between fields" field
3. Select "Generate Columns" button to load column names*
4. Under Options tab, select "To Clipboard" or "To File" with a file name
5. Select Execute button to export
* Note, if original query statement contains Oracle functions such as SUBSTR, then alias names must be given to those columns, such as:
select to_char(deptno,'99') as depno from dept