Use Import and Export Templates
When importing or exporting data, you can save your current settings as a template. This is useful, for example, if you need to export customer data from both your production and test databases. Although Toad saves connection data with the template, you can change the connection when executing the template.
To create an import or export template
Do one of the following:
- Select Tools | Import Export Data | Export Wizard.
- Select Tools | Import Export Data | Import Wizard.
- Complete the wizard, and make sure you select the Save template (can be run at a later time using automation) check box on the Save Settings as Template page.
To execute an import or export template
- Create an import or export template.
- Create a connection to the database you want to execute the template against.
- Select Tools | Import Export Data | Execute Template.
- When prompted, select whether you want to use the current connection, or the connection stored in the template.