Add Connection Parameters to Open Toad Data Point from Toad for Oracle
This topic focuses on information that may be unfamiliar to you. It does not include all step and field descriptions.
To add the latest Toad for Oracle connection information when opening Toad Data Point from Toad for Oracle
Open Toad for Oracle.
- Click the arrow beside , and select Configure.
- Click Auto add and select Toad Data Point.
- Select Toad Data Point and click Edit.
Enter the following information in the Parameters field:
/TOADUSER=$UID /TOADPASSWORD=$UPW /TOADDATABASE=$SID /TOADFILE="$FIL"
- /TOADUSER=$UID is the current Toad for Oracle user
- /TOADPASSWORD=$UPW is the current Toad for Oracle password
- /TOADDATABASE=$SID is the current Toad for Oracle database ID
- /TOADFILE="$FIL" is the current SQL Editor file open in Toad for Oracle
- Click the arrow beside , and select Toad Data Point to open the application with your Toad for Oracle connection and file information.