SQL Information and Functions > Search Menu > Find
The Find search function brings up the Find Text window where you can select the search criteria.
To search with Find
Select Search | Find [Ctrl + F]
The search is refined using the following settings:
- Case sensitive
- Searches for the text in exact case that you enter it.
- Whole word only
- Searches for words only, or in other words, searches for a text string that is preceded and followed by a space or punctuation mark.
- Regular expression
- Specify whether to recognize regular expressions in the search string.
- Searches the entire text pane.
- Selected text
- Searches only the highlighted text.
- Searches from the cursor to the end of the text pane.
- Searches from the cursor to the top of the text pane.
- From cursor
- Searches from the cursor either forward or backward depending on the Direction setting.
- Entire scope
- Searches the entire text pane. If the Direction setting is forward, it starts at the top of the pane. If the Direction setting is backward, it starts at the bottom of the pane.
SQL Information and Functions > Search Menu > Find Next
The Quick Find search function finds the next occurrence of the text search string that was previously searched for. The function is not available until after you have done an initial search.
To search with Find Next
Select Search | Find Next [F3]
SQL Information and Functions > Search Menu > Replace
The Replace search function brings up the Replace Text window where you can enter
To replace text
Select Search | Replace [Ctrl + Alt + R]
SQL Information and Functions > Search Menu > Goto Line
The Goto Line search function brings up the Goto Line window where you can enter the line number that you want to move the cursor to. It is not necessary to have the line numbers displayed in the gutter to use this function, but it would certainly be helpful to see the line numbers in order to select the line number to move the cursor to.
To go to a specific line
Select Search | Goto Line [Ctrl + Alt + G]