The template file for a Spotlight application contains the information that controls the standard appearance and behavior of Spotlight connections for that connection type. Spotlight is shipped with a set of templates that are suitable for most connections.
Once a Spotlight connection has been configured and calibrated, you can save its configuration as a template for use with Spotlight connections to similar systems. Changes that are made to a template propagate to all connections that use that template, unless individual changes have already been made to those connections.
The information contained in the template includes:
- The configuration of controls in the home page and drilldowns, including the metrics displayed and the data sources from which they are derived.
- Calibration values for those controls.
- The threshold values for alarms on those controls.
To save the configuration for the current Spotlight connection as a template
- Select the Spotlight connection in the Spotlight Browser in Live connections
- Select File | Save as Template.
- Select Save calibration to save calibration data in the template.
- You can change the template assigned to an existing Spotlight connection. Connection Properties - General Page
- Templates shipped with Spotlight are stored by default in Console\Templates.
- User defined templates are stored by default in C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Quest Software\Shared\Templates
- Template files are given extension .stx
- Locations for template files may differ from the default in your case. Migrate (Move And Share) Connections
Spotlight Home Page Components