Upgrading your QoreStor software
You can obtain the latest QoreStor software binary package from the Quest Support website. To upgrade a QoreStor server, you must upload the binary package to the QoreStor server and execute the upgrade locally. See Upgrading QoreStor for the upgrade procedure.
Before you upgrade
Before upgrading your QoreStor instance, please review and follow the guidelines below:
- Make sure that all backup jobs which use the QoreStor server as a target are paused for the duration of the upgrade.
- Make sure that the QoreStor system has at least 1GB of free space on the root partition.
- There are some preliminary configuration steps that must be followed to prepare your DR Series for upgrade. Refer to Preparing your DR Series for migrationfor more information.
Upgrading QoreStor instances on Microsoft Azure
For QoreStor instances running on Microsoft Azure, perform the actions below before upgrading to 184.108.40.2065.
IMPORTANT: QoreStor 6.0 includes support for VTL protocols. To upgrade to QoreStor 6.0 and enable VTL support, you must first uninstall your existing version of QoreStor, then install QoreStor, enabling VTL during the installation.
For information on safely uninstalling QoreStor, refer to Uninstalling QoreStor.
If you do not wish to enable VTL support, follow the upgrade procedure below.
To upgrade a current installation of QoreStor, follow the steps below:
- Download the new QoreStor executable from the Quest Support Portal following the steps below.
- Log into the Quest Support Portal at https://support.quest.com/qorestor.
- In the Download Software section, click See All Downloads.
- Under the Platform Install section, find the row containing the appropriate version of QoreStor. Click Download.
- Select the appropriate QoreStor installer, and click either Download Now to download the software immediately, or Add to my Downloads.
- If you selected Add to my Downloads, click the My Downloads icon to view your download cart.
- Select the software to download and click Download Selected.
- Copy the QoreStor installation files to the server.
- Set execution permission on the installation files using chmod. For example,
$ chmod a+x qs_inst_220.127.116.115.bin
- With elevated privileges (either as root or with the sudo command), execute the installation script according below
$ sudo ./qs_inst_18.104.22.1685.bin
and follow the prompts to complete the upgrade.
- After the upgrade script completes, some QoreStor processes will continue behind the scenes. The system will not be operational until these processes complete. Execute the command watch /opt/QoreStor/bin/system —show to monitor the progress of QoreStor services.
NOTE: In some instances, some DMAs may experience timeout errors when trying to access QoreStor containers after an upgrade. If this occurs, wait until QoreStor is fully online, then restart the DMA.
Upgrading the QoreStor Operating System
Review the requirements and considerations below before upgrading the operating system on the QoreStor server.
- Ensure that the OS version and kernel version are supported. Refer to the QoreStor Interoperability Guide for up-to-date information.
- When VTL support is enabled during the QoreStor installation, modules are installed that are specific to the kernel version at the time of installation. If the operating system on the QoreStor server is updated, these modules may not work correctly. When updating the operating system on the VTL-enabled QoreStor server, peform the actions below:
- After updating the OS, uninstall QoreStor while preserving the repository. Refer to Uninstalling QoreStor
- Re-install QoreStor, making sure to use the existing repository during installation.
NOTE: If QoreStor was installed without enabling VTL support, this procedure is not required.