Foglight includes a licensing capability that restricts access to those features that are defined in the license. Any Management Server installation requires a license that grants access to server-specific parts of the browser interface and the features associated with them. Foglight cartridges are also license-protected. While some cartridges are covered by the base Foglight license (such as Foglight Agent Manager cartridges and the Cartridge for Infrastructure), others may require an additional license. Foglight for Exchange is license-protected. It comes with a trial license which is valid for 30 days.
To activate a trial or a purchased commercial license:
- On the navigation panel, under Dashboards, click Administration > Setup > Manage Licenses.
- Click Install.
- In the Install License dialog box, click Browse.
- In the file browser that appears, specify the location of the license file.
- In the Install License dialog box, click Install License.
Installing this hotfix
Important: Before installing this hotfix, do the following configurations:
- Enable Remote Shell for the user account used to monitor the Exchange environment. For more information, visit Manage Exchange Management Shell access.
- If your Exchange environment is running on Windows Server 2012 or below, make sure to download and install KB2842230 from Microsoft Updated Catalog to avoid the "Out of memory" error. For more information, visit "Out of memory" error on a computer that has a customized MaxMemoryPerShellMB quota set and has WMF 3.0 installed.
- Execute the "Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned" command for all of your Exchange environments.
To install this hotfix:
- Deactivate the previous Office365 agent.
- Navigate to the Cartridge Inventory dashboard and install the cartridge file included in this hotfix, ExchangeMonitoring-5_7_2_2.car.
- Log into the Enterprise applications running on Azure AD and delete the app called "Foglight for Office 365". Its application ID is "6a2af5a7-4440-4321-858c-45d7841fc575".
- Navigate to the Agent Status dashboard and deploy the ExchangeAgent agent package to the existing Foglight Agent Manager hosts.
- Re-consent the Office365 agent in the Administration tab.
- Activate the new Office365 agent.
Verifying successful completion
To determine if this hotfix is installed:
- On the Cartridge Inventory dashboard, verify that the Build ID of the following cartridges is set to 22.214.171.124-201810310935-b122:
The following is a list of files updated in this hotfix.
Build ID After Update
File Size After Update
If you encounter issues with the installation, see the full installation instructions for the product.
Removing this hotfix
To remove this hotfix:
Once installed, this hotfix cannot be removed.