Use Global Search/Replace
Global Search and Replace allows you to search for and replace text from the selected item and all of its children.
To use Global Search/Replace
- In the Jobs View, right-click a test you wish to search and replace.
- Select Global Search/Replace. The Global Search and Replace dialog displays.
- Enter the desired parameter in Find What.
- Enter the desired parameter in Replace With.
- Check Match Case or Match Whole word if desired.
- Click Replace.
Save Job as BMF Script
You can save a job as a Benchmark Factory script.
To save a job as a BMF Script
- After creating and saving a job, select the job in the Jobs View pane and click Save, or select File | Save.
- Browse to and select a location in which to save the file.
- The job is saved as a .bfj file.
Copy Test to Replay, Mix, Goal, or Scalability Test
A test can be quickly converted from one test type to another by using the "copy" command. A workload test is an assembled test comprised of user scenarios and/or transactions. These tests can be run with multiple virtual users. A workload test can be one of three types: mix test, replay test, goal test, or scalability test.
In Benchmark Factory you can copy the following tests:
- Replay test—A Replay Test runs multiple transactions with each one running independently on a specified number of users. The test will run until the defined number of executions for each transaction or a specified time limit is reached.
- Mixed test—A Mixed Workload test runs for a specified time at each predetermined user loads level. Each user will run a transaction mix based upon the weights defined on the transactions tab. For example, if a test has two transactions, A and B, with A having a weight of one and B having a weight of four, on average B will run four times for every time A is run once. The run order will be randomly generated for each user so they are not all running the same transaction simultaneously. That run order is used for that user each time the test is performed to ensure reproducible results.
- Goal test—A goal test is used to find maximum throughput or response time goals. A transaction mix is executed at user load levels, determined by setting a beginning, ending, and interval value. When run, the specified goal criterion is evaluated at the end of each iteration and the test ends once the goal or maximum user load has been reached.
- Scalability—A SQL Scalability test executes each transaction individually for each userload and timing period. For example, a test has two transactions, A and B, and two userloads of 10 and 20, with an iteration length of one minute. Transaction A would execute continually for one minute at userload 10, then B would do the same. Next A will run at userload 20, followed again by test B, for a total time of 4 minutes.
Copying a workload test creates a new test containing all compatible settings, user scenarios, and transactions from the original test.
To copy a workload test to a Replay Test, Mix Test, Goal Test, or Scalability test
- Right-click a test in the Jobs View pane or in the New/Edit Job Wizard. A drop-down displays.
- Select the desired type of test you want to copy to.
- The test is created and displays in the Jobs View or New/Edit Job Wizard.
Test Results and Run Reports